Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Final Week - June 9, 2014


I haven`t been able to think of anything to write for these last 15 minutes, so I`m going to copy what I wrote to my mission president: 

 

What could I possibly write that would capture how I feel about these last 18 months of my life? How could I possibly put into words the miracle that my life has become? How could I even begin to say what this time means to me? 

 

When I was preparing to leave in the mission, everyone told me what a sacrifice I was going to be making. They told me not to drop out of school; they told me not to leave my jobs; they told me not to leave my life; they warned me of danger, of trials, of long days in the hot sun. Then I came to the mission and people kept telling me how grateful they were for my sacrifice, for my service. They spoke as if I had traded something great for something of lesser value.

 

In those moments, I listened and agreed. I thought of all the things I was giving up, all of the opportunities that I will never have again. But President, with time I have learned that the mission is not a sacrifice. Not even a small sacrifice. The mission is a privilege and a blessing. It is my sacred time. It is my greatest joy. It is a small moment that God has given me to be able to experience a portion of the joy that He feels in bringing His children home, and for that I will praise His name forever. My joy is complete in His service.

 

The sacrifice was never the mission. The sacrifice was myself. And now, the Lord is asking me to sacrifice another sliver of myself in leaving behind what took me 18 months to become. But President, I think we both know by now, I`ll go where He wants me to go, I`ll do what He wants me to do, I`ll say what He wants me to say, and I`ll be who He wants me to be. I was called to serve, and even though I will no longer be serving as a full-time missionary, I believe the Lord has much need of me yet. I`m answering that call to serve yet again by packing my bags and setting off for whatever He has in store. 

 

...

 

Well, family, I sure do love you all. If you remember nothing else, remember that I know these things are true. That this is the greatest and most important truth of all time. I know it, and I invite you to come to know it too. 

I love the Lord. This is His work. There is none greater. 

 

 I`ll see you all soon. 

 

For one last time, 

Hermana Bayles

 

He aqui, soy un discipulo de Jesucristo, el Hijo d Dios. He sido llamado por El para declarar Su palabra entre los de Su pueblo, al fin de que alcancen la vida eterna. 

 

Si, yo se que nada soy. En cuanto a mi fuerza, soy debil. Entonces no me jactare de mi mismo, sino que me gloriare en mi Dios porque con su fuerza puedo hacer todas las cosas.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment